Monday, March 14, 2011

Films, 2011,
Entry #5: THERE, I’ve done it.

After watching The Kids Are All Right, I have gone out and watched all the Oscar nominees for the year 2010 - everything from Black Swan to Toy Story 3.

And you know what, it’s been really fun.

I’ve told literally anyone who has gotten within even ten feet of me about this ‘great quest’. I’ve told my sister, I’ve told my friends, I’ve told my schoolmates, I’ve even found the opportunity to tell the person who interviewed me for my internship (needless to say, I don’t think it went well). I’ve told anyone who wanted to listen.

And some people tell me: that’s insane, what a waste of money, etc

You know what? I would do it again and I will do this again next year.

I will always remember how each film happened: I would’ve never imagined watching a film in Yishun, but I caught True Grit there. I’ve never watched two films back-to-back in the cinema, but I did that with Black Swan and 127 Hours. And just the thrill as I rushed straight after school to Harbourfront to catch Winter’s Bone.

There is just something about having a clear objective, going all-out to get there and just really enjoying the process. Films are windows to such beauty and astonishment and it’s been a really enriching experience.

So, it’s been fun, and one hell of a ride. Au revoir, 2010!

--

P.S. And special thanks to the lovely Sarah, without whom I would’ve never had the willpower to complete this. I will never forget the matter-of-fact manner in which you said: “Let’s go check if we can make it in time for 127 Hours”, right after Black Swan ended.

--

P.P.S Caught Memento this week too on Dvd. It was pretty OMG

--

Caught in the cinema:
  1. The Kids Are All Right
  2. True Grit
  3. The King's Speech
  4. Winter's Bone
  5. 127 Hours
  6. Black Swan
  7. Monsters
  8. The Fighter
  9. Love and Other Drugs

--

Caught elsewhere:

  1. Memento
  2. An Education
  3. The Great Train Robbery
  4. Le Voyage Dans La Lune (A Trip to The Moon)
  5. Inception
  6. Inglorious Basterds

No comments:

Post a Comment