Thursday, February 10, 2011

Films, 2011.1

I am determined to keep a list of all the films I have watched this year. Hopefully at the end of the year I will be able to look back and review the year in film. Time has a funny way of providing perspective.

For practical reasons, I will ignore films I have caught on the television. There are too many to keep track of in a week. During the last week along I have seen UP, Jarhead (a bit of the start) and Bourne Supremacy amongst others.

Coming up this week:

I made myself a new year's resolution to watch all the Oscar contenders, so I'll probably be watching Black Swan this weekend. I'm not particularly looking forward to The King's Speech - it reeks of Oscar bait to me - but I will try to catch it within this month. We shall see if it changes my mind.

There is Winter's Bone as well, which ST Life has awarded the first five-star review of the year. Not that I rate the Straits Times anyway.

I am also hoping to/nervous about catching the Cannes Palme D'or winner Uncle Boonmee (Who Can Recall Past Lives) in the Picturehouse. First Thai film to win the Palme D'or; should be interesting at the very minimum. I do however fear an opaque Goddard-esque film that I will not really understand.

Palme D'or or Palme D'oh! We shall see (Yes, i needed to sneak that lame joke in)

--

Caught in the cinema:

1. Love and Other Drugs

2. The Fighter

3. Monsters

--

Caught or re-caught on DVD:

1. Inception (bought the Dvd)

2. Inglorious Basterds (Dvd version on my computer)

No comments:

Post a Comment