Saturday, September 29, 2007

Listening to: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

First off, happy twenty third.

This will be a sad post. Perhaps it shouldn't be, i don't really have alot to worry about. But is will be, because i've decided i need this. I've allowed many things to slide on by while i've been in the army, things that usually affect me, make me sad. Have i changed? Probably older, but none the wiser. Anyway, this post will be an excuse to let things out a bit, i guess. Looking around, there's so much sadness and pessimism. It's difficult to imagine there are happier times ahead and around. Change compounds the situation. Before you solve something, things move on. You're not really sure if it's alright now, feelings get swept under the rug. It hurts to know nobody reads this anymore, even if it feels uncomfortable to know others are reading my thoughts. I guess that's another thing that has changed. i used to be surrounded by friends, by love. Now i'm surrounded by less. It's difficult sometimes. To drift away from people, to barely know some before plunging into another group of people. In the end, who can you talk to when things are rough? Surrounded by so much, but to have so little.

Growing up is knowing how to be alone.

I wrote that a while back, and i don't know if it's true, but things feel that way at times. Maybe Conrad was right when he said 'we live as we dream - alone'.

No comments:

Post a Comment